What Information We Collect
In order to provide SKY DEVICES services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
“Personal information” shall have the same meaning as “personal data” and shall include any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Examples of personal information include your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, and payment information.
Personal information also includes information that alone cannot directly identify you, but with other information we have access to can identify you, such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, video content files that do not contain personal visual identity information, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- When you create your account to use SKY DEVICES Services (“Account”), we will collect information including your name, phone number and email address. In addition, when you install and activate Products, we will collect certain basic information via Sky Devices services, such as your product name, the product’s verification code, and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to the Clever dog Services and associated with your Account.
- When you subscribe to online data storage services, we will collect your payment information, such as a credit card number, account security code, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and further facilitate and fulfill your subscription of storage services. Your personal information will be saved as your user profile in your Account, including payment information for recurring charges.
- When you save and share content through Clever dog Services, like video clips, live video streams, images, captions, and comments (“Your Content”), for other individuals to access, we will collect information to allow you to save and share Your Content, such as your email address and email address of the person you elect to share your content with.
- Through our Sky Devices services, you may be able to invite other people such as friends or family to use Sky Devices Services and download our mobile app. We collect that person’s email address to automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. We collect this information to send this email, to register your friend or family member if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services. In order to refer a friend, you must first obtain the consent from the person being referred to provide information on their behalf and inform them that they will be receiving a communication notifying them.
- When you connect or link to Sky Devices services via social networking sites, including by sharing Your Content with friends via your social networking account, such as Facebook, we collect your profile information from your social networking account. For information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy settings in your social media account or the permission screen presented at the time of connection.
- When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
- When you access our Sky Devices services, we will collect information to provide you with a more relevant experience, to prevent misuse, and to ensure that our Sky Devices services are working properly. We may also record adjustments you make to our Products through the Sky Devices services. We store this information along with data collected directly by your Product. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- When you save and share Your Content through Sky Devices Services for other individuals to access, we will collect information to allow you to save and share Your Content.
- Our Sky Devices Services may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as “Like,” “Tweet” or “Pin”). We record your interaction with these links.
- When you use the Product’s recording or streaming features, we may record and process video and/or audio content from the Product. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process information from your Product so that we can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process, and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period.
We may also use the information we collect for the following purpose:
Sharing information with non telco/OEM companies that provide services for us or for you
- share information that identifies you personally with vendors that perform services for us or that support Products or Services provided to you, including marketing or ad delivery services. We do not require consent for sharing with our vendors for these purposes. We do not allow those vendors to use your information for any purpose other than to perform those services, and we require them to protect the confidentiality and security of data they get from us in a way that’s consistent with this Policy.
- send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information; and
- pursuant to our legitimate business interests:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and develop our Sky Devices Services and Products;
- Personalizes your experience with our Sky Devices Services and Products;
- Increases the safety of our Sky Devices Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- Performs analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicates and provide to existing customers additional information that may be of interest to you about our products and services;
- Manages our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our Sky Devices Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms of Service;
- Enhances other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- And in the context of a corporate transaction (e.g., corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger) and to protect our rights or property, to enforce our Terms of Service and legal notices and for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims;
- with your express consent to sends you electronic communications in order to inform you about new products and services, unless you choose to unsubscribe;
- Use certain non-essential cookies to better understand user behavior, in order to optimize user experience, perfect function design and offers for products and services from us or to provide better services;
- Meet a legal obligation, a court order or other binding decision(s); and
Cookies and Other Technologies
We may also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf via Sky Devices Services. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our Products and Sky Devices Services.
How We Share Your Information
Sky Devices may disclose personal information to cloud service provider, network service provider and other service providers on the basis of non-disclosure agreements.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by mandatory law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; to protect the interests of our customers and users of the Sky Devices Service; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using the Sky Devices Service violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of the Sky Devices Service or the general public; or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service.
- If Sky Devices and/or all or part of our assets are ever sold or transferred, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. Under such circumstance, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account or by means of notice on www.skydevices.com of (i) the identity and contact information of the purchaser or transferee, (ii) your right to revoke your consent to the provision of personal information, and (iii) the means by which you may revoke such consent.
- We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting Sky Devices.
We may also disclose non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties, provided those data have been rendered anonymous in such a way that the data subject is no longer identifiable. For example, we may share non-personal information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal information;
- to better understand how our customers interact with our Sky Devices Services and Products, in order to optimize your experience, improve our products, or provide better services;
- for our own research and data analytics; or
- to our vendors for their own analysis and research.
Securing Your Personal Information
Sky Devices has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Sky Devices cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our Sky Devices Services, you can contact us by phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing, Correcting and Retention Your Personal Information
Sky Devices generally stores your personal information on Sky Devices servers which is established upon Amazon Servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a Sky Devices customer in order to provide you with the most relevant offers.
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access, update or delete your personal information via your Account profile. We are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data. Your personal information might not be immediately deleted, as we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through our Sky Devices Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons pursuant to applicable laws. In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
Social Community Features and Social Networks
Social Community Features
Our Sky Devices Services may allow you to publicly post or share information, communicate with others, or otherwise make information accessible to others. Prior to doing so, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post, share, or communicate may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include may be read, collected, and used by others.
Links to other websites
We may permit others to link to the Sky Devices services or to post a link to their website. We do not endorse these websites and are not responsible for other websites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to Sky Devices as well as the communications you receive from Sky Devices through your Account preferences.
You will only receive commercial e-mails from us if you have granted prior express consent or if sending those e-mails is otherwise permitted, in accordance with applicable laws.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mails references. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account and your transactions on the Sky Devices Services.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with Sky Devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Sky Devices does not intend that any portion of its Sky Devices Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and such use is prohibited. Our Sky Devices Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Sky Devices Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and understand that you must be at least 18 years old, or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our Sky Devices Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an account is associated with a registered user who is under the age of 18 years old, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us by phone or email email@example.com parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction may review and request deletion of such child’s personal information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
We transfer and process your information globally both in our own facilities and with service providers, or partners, regardless of where you use our Services. The laws, regulations, and standards of the country in which your information is stored or processed may be different from those of your own country. In most cases we will store and keep your content encrypted form including when we utilize a third party for storage. In exceptional circumstances Sky Devices in the US and China may have access to this content in order to provide product support services. Your registration data will be collected and used or stored by Sky Devices, currently in the U.S., Singapore, Brazil and Ireland. Sky Devices put in place contractual protections, approved by the European Commission, to secure your information. A copy of those contracts can be obtained by contacting us at the address below.
Copyright@2019 SKY PHONE LLC D/B/A SKY DEVICES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.